What is a Stardew Valley Scarecrow?
Farming in Stardew valley is considered an essential source of income for players, which includes planting tons of different crops and growing them. To make sure your crops don’t get eaten by crows, you can craft scarecrows right from the first level of farming. If you have a doubt regarding if Stardew valley scarecrow work or not? Then rest assured because it works!! If you right-click on them then you will know how many crows they have scared away. And if you ask how many crops can these crows eat? You will be surprised because these crows can eat half of the crops in a day or so.
What Are Stardew Valley Scarecrow Requirements?
You can craft your scarecrow right from the start of the game. You can get it by going into your crafting menu. Stardew valley scarecrow requires 50 wood, 20 fiber, and one coal.
What Will Be the Best Stardew Valley Scarecrow Placement?
Once you have it, you will find the scarecrow in your inventory. Make sure that the scarecrow is surrounded by crops in order to cover more ground as a result this will protect your crops every day.
What Should Be the Stardew Valley Scarecrow Range and Radius?
The Stardew valley scarecrow range is circular and protects the circular surrounding area of 248 spaces. The 248 spaces include 8 spaces each to the north, east, south, and west as well as including 6 spaces each to the northeast, southeast, southwest, and northwest, as a result protecting a 17×17 area that includes 10 spaces in each corner. Moreover, Stardew valley scarecrow protects around 50 crops hence at times it can be a better investment than purchasing fertilizers.
You will be surprised to know that along with these normal scarecrows, there are also collectible Rarecrows that work like the normal ones. Except for the alien Rarecrow, you can use alien Rarecrow to hang your hats. There are over 8rarecrows, after collecting all 8 you will receive a letter with the recipe to craft deluxe scarecrows. Deluxe scarecrow(16) covers double the radius of a normal scarecrow(8) affecting a total of 888 tiles.
How Can You Obtain These Stardew Valley Rarecrows?
If you want to collect Rarecrows because you already reached the late game, these are the various Rarecrows that you should know:
- You can purchase this Rarecrow at the Stardew valley fair. Which will require 800-star tokens. This is quite popular as it is inspired by Hayao Miyazaki’s “Howl’s moving castle”.
- You can purchase this at the spirit’s eve festival for 5,000 gold.
- Also known as the alien Rarecrow, you can purchase this at the casino for 10,000 Qi coins
- You can purchase this at traveling cart, appear randomly during fall or winter for 4,000 gold or you can purchase this during the festival of ice for 5000 gold.’
- You can purchase this at the flower dance for 2,500 gold.
- You can purchase this from the dwarf for 2,500 gold.
- You cannot purchase this Rarecrow, instead, you can unlock it by donating around 20 artifacts to the museum. It becomes purchasable from the night market once you have earned the first one.
- You cannot purchase this Rarecrow, instead, you can unlock it by donating around 40 artifacts to the museum. It becomes purchasable from the night market once you have earned the first one.
You will also like to know about | Stardew Valley Best Greenhouse Layout
To summarize, it is highly advisable to get a scarecrow right when you start planting your first crops, so that you won’t have to face the consequences of the crows later on in the game.