Stardew Valley Glacierfish is supposed to be one of the hardest legendary fishes to catch, even though these legendary fishes are much harder to catch in comparison to normal fish. Considering Glacierfish as one of the five legendary fish, you can only catch it once per save the file, or once per player in Multiplayer. One of the few things that you can do before catching this legendary fish would be to increase your fishing proficiency, hence you get the wider green bar eventually increasing your catch rate.
Stardew Valley Glacierfish Tips
Our take on Stardew valley Glacierfish tips would be:
- if you want to catch it easily, go on a very happy day with food buffs such as having trout soup. It increases your proficiency which means the size of your bar also increases
- Get at maximum level 10 in fishing proficiency, and with soup, you will get 10+1 proficiency.
- To make this simple let’s consider in the fishing meter there is a UP, MID, and DOWN level. It loves to jump one way, back, and then go MID. So for example it is UP. The next course to slam will be DOWN, then slam UP, and then go to MID. If you tried to follow going DOWN, by the time you get there it has run past you and is MID, so all you have to do is not follow. Let it slam, then wait for it to get back up, then follow it into the middle
- Other fishing food that will increase your proficiency would be a fish taco, Dish of the Sea (gives 3 levels to fishing for a short time), Lobster Bisque.
- You can use a trap bobber that you can purchase from Willy’s fish shop and regular normal baits if you are looking for one.
You might also like: Stardew Valley Woodskip
In Stardew Valley How to Catch Glacierfish?
It only comes out during the wintertime. Although there’s no level requirement, make sure you’re at least level six by this point and go to the Southern tip of Arrowhead Island in the Cindersnap Forest. Make sure you hit the deep waters with your line to lure this fish in.
What Are the Prices for Glacierfish?
It can be sold at a base price of 1000g, 1250g for the silver quality, and 1500g for the gold quality. A Glacierfish can be caught in the size range of 26-28 inches.
Healing Effect of Glacierfish
If you are looking for using Glacierfish to boost yourself, then that it will help you to gain 25 energy and 11 health when you consume it if you have caught a normal one. The healing effect of other silvers, gold, and iridium stars is shown in the image below.
It almost becomes impossible if you don’t reach level 10 for catching this fish along with other added food buffs, and other small things like boosted days.